Welcome

A blog about life, liberty and the pursuit of good films.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rango

I think I liked this movie. I downed a glass of white wine at the theater bar immediately before going in to see it, so some of the beginning is still kind of fuzzy for me... But from what I can remember, it's a very good film, unique in comparison to other animated films.

Physically, the characters are the antithesis of the furry, doe-eyed, cutesy-tutesy Disney characters that we all know and love and that have been warming our hearts since childhood. And by antithesis I mean crusty, scaled, dried up, wart-covered, toothless, dirty, slimy creatures. So with that, plus the fact that the dialogue is a little more sophisticated than its Disney/Pixar counterparts, I'm not sure how kids will respond to Rango. Adults however will probably really enjoy it, especially the Hunter S. Thompson and Man With No Name references.

Rango = Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment