Welcome

A blog about life, liberty and the pursuit of good films.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Red Riding Hood

This movie is terrible. The acting, the dialogue, the set/costume design... all of it sucks. I was especially disappointed in Academy Award winner Julie Christie. Her performance was definitely cringe-worthy. And let's not forget Gary Oldman. I just kept thinking, Gary Oldman?! In this movie??? C'mon Gary, you're too good for this!

Lucky for us, a fire alarm went off right smack in the middle of the movie and the building had to be evacuated, leaving a perfect opportunity to get our money back, leave the scene of the (movie) crime and never think about it again. But I was so damn curious about who the wolf was, we waited out the fire scare and were soon let back in to watch the rest of it. But now I wish we had just left and looked up the ending online. Chris, I'm sorry for putting you through this!


P.S. - Amanda Seyfried is really pretty.

3 comments:

  1. Do you think I'd enjoy it if I:

    a. Love Amanda Seyfried with an unholy passion?
    and

    b. Enjoy watching other REALLY terrible werewolf movies like Underworld and Van Helsing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Given the facts, I think you are a perfect candidate for this movie. But I'm not sure if you should pay fifteen bucks to see it in the theater... maybe either see it as a cheaper matinee or netflix it later on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary's been in plenty of stuff he's too good for. But he's good enough to still maintain awesome status.

    ReplyDelete