Welcome

A blog about life, liberty and the pursuit of good films.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Sucker Punch

If you don't take it so seriously, Sucker Punch isn't all that bad. Some of the fight sequences were actually pretty badass. I really liked the first one in particular. I mean, there I was watching a movie about a girl being sent to an insane asylum by her wicked stepfather when all of a sudden... BAM! Crazy fight sequence with said girl pitted against three giant, kinda terrifying, Samurai robot monsters! (I guess that's why it's called Sucker Punch?) And yes, I saw the trailers. Yes, I knew what was coming. But it was still totally shocking when that first fight actually happened.

But of course it has its flaws: The story is very... simple, to be polite. The dialogue is mediocre. The acting is adequate. And as for the music, I wish they would have used the original versions of The Pixies' and Iggy Pop's legendary songs instead of cheesy covers.

All in all, hokey? Yes. Terrible movie? No.

2 comments: